Teaching the Holocaust, Empowering Students - 3 Part Program
Registration closes at 9am Eastern Time on Wednesday of the first week of the course, or when the course reaches capacity.
Time: At your convenience
Three interactive learning modules released over three weeks.
- Module I: First Week of the Course
- Module II: Second Week of the Course
- Module III: Third Week of the Course
- Optional Final Project due the Fourth Week of the Course
This program introduces learners to:
- Classroom-ready comprehensive print and online resources
- Sound pedagogy for teaching about the Holocaust
- Instructional pathways to help students learn about the complex history of the Holocaust
- Background information on the history of antisemitism
- Strategies to incorporate a range of primary sources, including visual history testimony, to classroom instruction
All the Details:
- Program includes three interactive modules released over three weeks
- Approximately 6 hours to complete in total – at no cost
- Proceed at your own pace each week, be supported by an instructor, and enjoy interaction with other educators
- Receive a certificate of completion and join a network of educators teaching about the Holocaust and genocide
- Final module includes additional time to complete optional project for a 10-hour certificate
- Upon completion (6 or 10 hours), option to earn graduate-level credit through the University of the Pacific. Learn more here.
Echoes & Reflections delivers value to both experienced Holocaust educators who are supplementing their curricula and for teachers new to Holocaust education.