Echoes & Reflections is the kind of resource we want to put into the hands of our secondary teachers. The modular nature of the lessons and the integration of visual history testimony make this a very teacher-friendly resource. Your materials support students to use critical thinking skills and to apply what they have learned in their daily lives.
— COORDINATOR, OFFICE OF SECONDARY SOCIAL STUDIES, BALTIMORE COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
With increased hate-fueled violence, incidents of antisemitism and xenophobia, and challenges to democratic values and norms, Holocaust education is more important than ever.
Through a thoughtful and sound study of the Holocaust, students gain an understanding of the potential dangers and consequences of unchecked hate and can grow into responsible citizens.
REFLECTIONS TEACHER TRAINING
Echoes & Reflections works with school districts, museums, and other educational organizations to provide teacher trainings, both on-site and online, that support secondary educators as they gain the tools and instructional strategies needed to teach the history of the Holocaust and its lessons for today.
- Are free of cost to host.
- Are led by an expert facilitator in the field of Holocaust education.
- Provide access to effective lesson plans and educational strategies.
- Provide the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues and join an active network of Holocaust educators for ongoing learning.
- Are customizable in program length and content to support a variety of subject areas, including history, social studies, language arts, the humanities, and more!
After participating in our professional development programs, teachers indicate high levels of satisfaction: