Thank you for participating in Echoes & Reflections Mini-Course Examining and Addressing Antisemitism in American Classrooms. We hope you found the experience enriching and useful to your teaching needs.
To further support your classroom instruction on this thematic approach, you now have access to the plethora of resources referenced throughout the course. The materials below are listed by the section in which they were introduced in the course.
We hope you will find these resources helpful in informing your teaching of contemporary antisemitism.
Introduction to Echoes & Reflections Pedagogy
In this section, you were introduced to pedagogical principles for effective teaching as well as the first visual history survivor testimony.
Jewish Life in the United States and Beyond
This section highlighted how propaganda had the power to manipulate in Nazi-era Germany. SS officials made a propaganda film, fooling the Red Cross into believing life in Theresienstadt was idyllic and comfortable.
- Letter from George Washington
- Timeline of American-Jewish Life
- Library of Congress: Haven to Home
- Prewar Jewish Life: Jews and Judaism
What is antisemitism? Defining terms
This section highlighted how to define antisemitism and begin to think through its features and elements, including a study of contemporary antisemitism and its newer features.
Escalating antisemitism before, during, and after the Holocaust
In this section, we examined the history and definition of antisemitism to understand how it escalates biased attitudes into actions and violence.
New Expressions of Antisemitism
Now, we have discussed resources and timelines of antisemitism, and how to broaden your understanding of it, its unique features, and where it manifests in global society.
- Expressions of Antisemitism
- Antisemitism Over Time
- Antisemitic Words and Images
- Timeline of the Holocaust
- ADL Hate Symbols database
- Antisemitism and the 3Ds Worksheet
- Marta Wise
Antisemitism Today, Tomorrow
In this section, we look more closely at antisemitism as a concept and how to integrate various aspects of historical thinking into your teaching about antisemitism.
- Antisemitism Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow
- Antisemitism Uncovered: Antisemitism in American History
- Anti-Jewish Signs Germany
- Henry Ford and the Dearborn Independent: PBS
- How Antisemitism Animates White Nationalism